Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Face on Your Eggs


These were ejected from our chickens' bums.
What is it with kids? They happily eat one food for years then suddenly decide they don't like it. And no amount of rational discussion can convince them that they still actually love that food.

But, as the saying goes, you can't use a rational argument to convince someone of a position they didn't enter into rationally.

Enter egg people. Characters so adorable you just want to eat them...if you are four years old, that is. The Little Dude was bursting to eat the egg men, and pig, and unholy blood-sucking butcher of the night.

Paint a face on food and kids will eat it.  I don't know if this is exposing latent cannibalism in our young, but it works. You may recall this isn't the first anthropomorphic foodstuff in our house.

Did I mention that these eggs are hard-boiled?  Did I have to? No? Aren't you a clever one.

Here's a tip for amateurs (e.g. myself): make sure the egg is cool before drawing on it.  My pen made some nasty smells when drawing on warm eggs.

I think next time I will theme the eggs, zoo creatures, barnyard animals and bees seem like a good fit.  Or maybe a series of hirsute philosophers, Nietzsche, young Lord Russell and Marx. Or perhaps the Beatles...

Koo koo kachoo!

If you like my posts feel free to comment, subscribe or share them with friends using the links below.

1 comment:

  1. Sebastian decided last week that he doesn't like egg yolks, just the whites. Strange.

    ReplyDelete